Tampa Toxic Exposure Injury Lawyer
Any type of workplace can contain chemicals and other types of toxic exposure. Factories, manufacturing plants, and construction sites are rife with toxic chemicals, but even employees who work in office environments can be exposed to cleaning supplies, paint, and other materials.
Being exposed to toxic chemicals is risky. Some workers are not affected at all, while others suffer lung issues, breathing difficulties, rashes, skin issues, and even death. It’s important that you seek compensation for the damages you have suffered due to toxic exposure. A Tampa toxic exposure injury lawyer from Franco Law Firm can assess your case and guide you through the process.
Toxic exposure can cause various medical conditions, including the following;
- Mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is a rare type of cancer linked to asbestos exposure. This condition may not manifest for 10-40 years after exposure, causing a dry cough and shortness of breath.
- Asthma. Asthma causes constricted, inflamed airways, which result in shortness of breath. It can be triggered by many things, including toxic elements and exposure to irritant chemicals.
- Cancer. Cancer is common, as there are more than 100 substances that can cause cancer in the average workplace. Lung cancer is one of the most common diseases.
- Hodgkin’s disease. Hodgkin’s disease is a rare form of cancer that may occur due to exposure to certain pesticides.
- Leukemia. Leukemia is caused by long-term exposure to benzene. Benzene is used in manufacturing and can also be found in cigarette smoke, cleaning products, detergents, art supplies, glues, and paints.
- Parkinson’s disease. Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disease that causes tremors and motor issues. Exposure to solvents such as trichloroethylene (TCE) and perchloroethylene (PERC) have been known to cause the disease.
- Silicosis. Silicosis causes scarring of the lungs due to exposure to silica dust. This dust is often found in mines and glass manufacturing plants.
Other common effects from toxic exposure include rashes, burns, nerve issues, and brain damage. Brain damage and other neurological issues can occur from skin contact, swallowing, or inhalation.
Why You Need an Experienced Lawyer on Your Side
Toxic exposure cases can be complex. Due to the ongoing effects that toxic exposure can have on your life, it is crucial that you discuss your situation with a lawyer as soon as possible. You need someone on your side who can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the chemical exposure, file a claim in the appropriate court, and stand up to insurance companies who deny wrongdoing. The knowledgeable team at Franco Law Firm can help you get the compensation you need to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Contact Franco Law Firm Today
Chemical exposure can cause a variety of injuries. Sometimes there is the option of filing a personal injury claim against a negligent employer.
Franco Law Firm can provide you with the legal guidance you need to pay for your expenses involved with toxic exposure. Schedule a consultation today. Call our Tampa toxic exposure injuries lawyer at (813) 872-0929 or fill out the online form.