Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles offer fun and excitement for Florida residents. The two-wheeled (or sometimes three-wheeled) vehicles make for fun transportation. But there’s one huge downside: they can easily get into a serious accident.
Gravel, puddles, or a pothole in the road can cause a motorcycle to lose control. Loss of control can cause serious injuries because there is no protection for motorcycle riders, unlike passenger vehicles.
Because of this, a motorcycle accident can result in significant damages. Motorcycle riders can get ejected from their bikes and face serious injuries. Wearing a helmet and protective gear is not always enough. You will need physical and financial recovery to get back to the way you were before the accident. See how a Tampa motorcycle accidents lawyer from Franco Law Firm can help.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can happen in the following ways:
- Speeding. Speeding is a leading cause of motorcycle crashes. When drivers of passenger vehicles are traveling at high speeds, they cannot always stop in time to avoid hitting a motorcycle.
- Unsafe lane changes. Motorcycles are smaller and harder to see than other motor vehicles. It is not uncommon for a driver to unsafely change lanes and hit a motorcycle in the process.
- Intoxication. All types of drivers can be guilty of drinking and driving. No matter what you are driving, if you have had alcohol, your judgment is too impaired to drive safely. Protect yourself and the lives of others by calling an Uber or Lyft instead.
- Inexperience. Riding a motorcycle is different from driving a car. It takes a good amount of practice and balance. A person who cannot confidently ride a motorcycle should not be on the roadway, as they can cause a serious crash.
- Road and weather conditions. Motorcycles are great for sunny days, but can be dangerous on windy, rainy, or snowy days. These conditions can reduce visibility and cause a rider to lose control. Road hazards such as puddles, loose gravel, potholes, roadkill, leaves, oil slicks, and other debris can also make things difficult for even the most experienced riders.
- Rear-end accidents. Motorcycles have no enclosure to protect them, unlike a passenger vehicle. Therefore, even a minor rear-end accident can be deadly. It’s important for drivers to leave extra space when near motorcycles to prevent this from happening, as a motorcycle can stop at any time.
- Left-turn accidents. Left turns from other vehicles can also be deadly for motorcycle riders. Motorists don’t always look for or notice motorcycles because they are so small. This can cause them to hit a rider, often killing them.
Contact Franco Law Firm Today
A motorcycle accident can be life-changing. You may end up with long-term or even permanent injuries. Make sure you obtain the compensation you deserve. Franco Law Firm will fight hard to represent you and protect your legal rights. Fill out the online form or call (813) 872-0929 to schedule a consultation with a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer.