Tampa Workplace Neck & Spine Injury Lawyer
Some of the most serious workplace injuries involve the neck and spine. These injuries are not only painful but can also cause serious issues with the rest of your body, depending on where the injury occurs. For example, an injury to the lower back can affect not only your torso, but also your legs, bowel and bladder control, and sexual function. A neck injury could affect your arms as well as your ability to breathe.
As you can see, these injuries can be long-lasting. You could suffer paralysis and become permanently disabled. It’s important to get compensation for your injuries. Workers’ compensation benefits can help. Get the benefits you deserve with help from a Tampa workplace neck & spine injuries lawyer from Franco Law Firm.
Types of Spine Injuries
Spinal cord injuries are caused by damage to the ligaments, disks, or the vertebrae of the spinal column. The spinal cord itself can also be damaged. There are two main types of spine injuries:
- Complete. If all sensory and motor function are lost below the spinal cord injury, the injury is considered to be complete.
- Incomplete. If you have some motor or sensory function below the injury site, then it is called an incomplete injury.
Common symptoms include:
- Mobility issues
- Changes in sensations, such as the ability to feel heat, cold, and touch
- Exaggerated reflexes or spasms
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Changes in sexual function
- Pain or stinging sensation caused by nerve damage
- Difficulty breathing or coughing
Types of Neck Injuries
Neck pain is usually caused by muscle sprain or damage to the upper spine. Some common neck injuries include:
- Neck fracture
- Neck sprain
- Pinched nerve
- Arthritis in the neck
Symptoms may include:
- Tight muscles
- Muscle spasms
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the neck
- Loss of feeling in your arms or hands
- Trouble moving your head
Causes of Neck and Spine Injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents. Auto accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries, accounting for close to 50% of new spinal cord injuries every year.
- Office work. Poor posture, strain from sitting at a desk for long hours, and bending over or working in an awkward position can all put strain on the neck muscles.
- Falls. Injuries to the neck and spine are often caused by falls.
- Violence. Knife and gunshot wounds account for approximately 12% of spinal cord injuries.
- Sports injuries. High impact sports, diving in shallow water, and other athletic activities cause about 10% of spinal cord injuries.
- Diseases. Cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, and inflammation can cause neck and spine injuries.
Contact Franco Law Firm Today
Neck and spine injuries are very serious. They can cause paralysis, affecting mobility in various parts of the body.
If you have suffered an injury in the workplace, see how the team at Franco Law Firm can help. We combine experience with personalized service. Contact us and we’ll give your case the attention it deserves. To schedule a consultation with our Tampa neck and spine injuries lawyer, call (813) 872-0929 or fill out the online form.