Tampa Workplace Hand Injury Lawyer
Many people suffer injuries to their hands in the workplace. In fact, more than 1 million workers are sent to emergency rooms every year due to hand injuries. While it is believed that the wrong gloves or lack thereof contribute to these injuries, human error is the main cause. It’s easy to become bored or distracted while working. When an accident happens, sometimes even gloves may not be enough.
But no matter who is at fault, you do have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim for your workplace injury. The average claim for a hand injury is roughly $6,000 and results in six missed days of work. That’s a huge financial loss, so make sure you get the compensation you deserve. See how a Tampa workplace hand injury lawyer from Franco Law Firm can help.
Common Hand Injuries
The most common injuries to the hand in the workplace are the following:
- Avulsions or detachments
- Sprains and strains
- Electrical burns
- Exposure to chemicals
Hazards to the Hands
A hand injury can happen in any work environment, but manufacturing facilities, factories, and construction sites often see the most accidents and injuries. Here are some common hazards to be aware of:
- Pinch points. Pinch points are places found between two objects, most likely machines with two moving parts where hands can get caught.
- Rotating parts. Many machines have rotating parts, such as fans, clutches, and spindles. Sometimes a worker’s loose-fitting gloves can accidentally feed into the machinery, along with the employee’s hand, causing catastrophic injuries.
- Hot and cold spots. Extremely hot and cold areas of machines and parts can cause burns to the hands. Hot flames, welding instruments, cutting equipment, and pipes in refrigeration systems are all dangerous.
- Entanglement. Jewelry and loose clothing can easily get caught in moving machinery. This can cause a finger or entire hand to get pulled into the equipment.
- Automation. While technology is typically a great thing, machines that are programmed to start by themselves can be dangerous. Machinery can start up unexpectedly and catch a worker off guard, causing injuries to nearby hands.
But don’t be complacent just because you work in an office. Office workers can also suffer injuries to hands, such as overuse injuries, which can be very painful. No matter how you are injured, there are direct costs involved like medical care, physical therapy, lost wages, pain and suffering, and decreased productivity.
Contact Franco Law Firm Today
We use our hands to do so many things. Hand injuries can make it difficult to do work activities, daily activities, household activities, and more. This can lead to income loss, medical bills, frustration, depression, and other issues.
The experienced team at Franco Law Firm will work hard to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Fill out the online form or call (813) 872-0929 to schedule a consultation with our Tampa hand injuries lawyer.