Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury law is that field of law that deals with people harmed because of another’s negligence. When another person or business is responsible for causing your injury, they can be held liable to pay you for the harm they have caused, including your medical bills, lost wages for the time you missed from work due to the injury, as well as your pain and suffering, emotional distress, inconvenience, and harm such as your loss of enjoyment in life or companionship with your spouse or partner. Oftentimes, the responsible party will have insurance coverage that can help pay for these damages, but getting that compensation isn’t as simple as filing a claim. At Franco Law Firm, our attorneys have a record of success representing injury victims and helping them get significant compensation after an injury. If you’ve been hurt by the negligence of another in Tampa Bay, call Franco Law Firm for a free consultation with our experienced and dedicated Tampa personal injury lawyers.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We are a full-service personal injury law firm ready to take on whatever type of case you have. We handle cases of serious personal injury, including catastrophic injury and wrongful death, across the spectrum of personal injury law. No case is too big or too small for us to consider. Some of the personal injury matters we deal with most often include:
- Automotive Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Negligent Security
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Hit by Drunk Driver
- Hit by Uninsured Driver
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
If you don’t see your matter listed here, give us a call to discuss your case. If it is not a matter we can help you with, we will gladly refer you to another firm that can take care of you.
How Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
When dealing with an insurance company on your own after a car crash, slip and fall, dog bite, or other personal injury, one of a few different outcomes are likely to result:
- They will quickly offer you a check to settle your claim. The amount they offer will be far less than your case is worth, but by the time you realize your costs are much greater than you were paid, it is too late to do anything about it because you have already signed away your right to pursue them further.
- They will deny that they are responsible for the accident. They might even turn the tables and say you were the one to blame. Even if they say you are only partly at fault, it reduces the amount they have to pay. As the party seeking compensation, the burden falls on you to prove the other party was negligent and that their negligence caused your injury. You’ll either have to prove this in court to a jury or convince the insurance company beforehand that you have a strong case so they will settle out of court without the necessity of filing a lawsuit or going to trial.
- They will dispute your injury. Some injuries are easy to spot, like broken bones on x-rays. Other injuries are harder to see, but they can be just as painful and debilitating. Expect the insurance company to say that you aren’t seriously injured or that you had some pre-existing injury before the accident happened. They might even go so far as to hire their own doctors to examine you and say that you aren’t hurt as bad as you say or that your injuries couldn’t have come from the accident.
Our personal injury legal team takes the time to investigate the accident, gather the evidence, and put together a strong case for compensation. We don’t try to settle your case until you have received medical treatment and we know what your future costs look like. With the facts in hand, we’ll be prepared to negotiate an adequate settlement that meets your needs or go to court if necessary.
Third-Party Liability Claims for Injured Workers
You may have heard that workers’ compensation is the only compensation available to workers who are injured on the job. While it is true that employees cannot sue their employer for a work-related accident, they can sue a negligent third party when that person or business is responsible for the injury. Examples of third-party liability include:
- Car accidents caused by negligent drivers while you are on duty. This includes if you drive for a living or were on the clock running errands or traveling between job sites.
- Injuries caused by defective products. If you were hurt at work using a tool, ladder, or other piece of equipment or machinery that was defectively designed or made, you might have a product liability claim against the product manufacturer.
- A slip and fall on another’s dangerous property. If you are working on a third-party’s premises (such as painting, landscaping or moving furniture), and you slip and fall or trip and fall because of a dangerous condition on the property that the owner failed to warn you about, you might have a premises liability claim against the owner.
As a law firm that represents injury victims with both personal injury and workers’ compensation claims, our law firm is perfectly situated to help injured workers with third-party liability claims. We can help you with both types of claims when they apply and help you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Contact the Franco Law Firm Today
We know that you are going through a physically painful and emotionally difficult time, and wondering how you will deal with medical bills and a loss of income is additionally stressful. We’ll take on the task of getting you substantial compensation for your injuries while you focus on getting back and getting your life back in order. We take personal injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only charge a fee if we are successful in recovering compensation for you. If you’ve suffered a personal injury due to another’s negligence in Tampa Bay, call Franco Law Firm at 813-872-0929 for a free consultation with an experienced and successful Tampa personal injury lawyer.